Views:1 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-02-04 Origin:Site
A RF coaxial connector is an electrical connector designed to work at radio frequencies in the megahertz range. RF connectors are often used with coaxial cables and are designed to maintain the shielding provided by the coaxial design. A better model can also minimize the change in impedance of the transmission line at the connection. The following mainly explains the definition of RF radio frequency coaxial connectors and how to select and features!
Features of RF coaxial connectors
1. Wide variety of specifications: more than 20 international general series, more varieties and specifications.
2. The part processing is mainly turning machine processing, and there are many manual assembly operations, which makes it difficult to carry out automated assembly.
3. Relying on mechanical structure to ensure electrical characteristics, it is a mechatronic product, which is essentially different from other low-frequency connectors.
4. Product reliability, failure modes and failure mechanisms are complex.
5. Slow product update time.
Definition of RF coaxial connector
The radio frequency connector is defined as a separable component that is usually installed on a cable or equipment for electrical connection of a transmission line system. It can be seen from this definition that it has the common feature of the "detachable element" connector. "Transmission line system" refers to microwave transmission system.
RF connector selection
1. The selected RF connector must conform to the actual frequency range used.
2. The selected RF connector should have a smaller standing wave ratio.
3. When there is an IM requirement, the material and plating of the RF connector should be considered.
4. The selected RF connector should match the impedance of the matched RF connector or cable.
5. The EMC of the threaded RF connector is better than any bayonet, push-pull RF connector.
6. The selected RF connector should have a smaller insertion loss.
7. Under normal circumstances, the electrical performance of the straight RF connector is better than that of the bent type, and it can be selected according to the actual use.
8. When general RF radio frequency connectors meet the requirements, high-performance RF connectors are not used.
Some connectors can be used for radio frequency coaxial cables, printed circuit boards, frame drawer type functional components and their connection interfaces, but you must be familiar with the performance of the selected product before using it, and use it in strict accordance with the specified conditions, because overloaded use is very likely It will lead to failure of the coaxial connector, and special attention should be paid when connecting the cable connector. It is necessary to follow the assembly instructions provided by the supplier and use the appropriate attachment tools correctly.
Shenzhen Superlink Technology Co., Ltd. was established in 2006. It has strong R&D, design, testing and machining production capabilities, and can provide efficient interconnection solutions.
Superlink(SLK) produces as many as 100,000 interconnection products, including: RF connectors, adapters, high-speed cable assemblies, coaxial cables, transient electromagnetic pulse protectors, test probes, industrial and military circular connectors, custom wiring harnesses, etc.
Superlink(SLK) products are widely used in telecom, rail transit, test and measurement, medical, national defense and military industries.
If necessary, please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.